Entries Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there a limit on the amount of entries I can submit?
No, there is no limit on the number of entries you can enter; however, payment must occur prior to entry. You are welcome to submit as many campaigns as possible within our criteria. Note the current rates:
• Member rate: $695
• Non-member rate: $895
2. Is there a limit on the amount of entries my company can submit?
No, there is no limit on the number of entries from your company.
3. Can I make edits to my entry?
You can only make edits to your entry when you SAVE & CONTINUE LATER. Your entry is not considered final (and will not be judged) until you SAVE & SUBMIT. You cannot edit anything once you send in your final application, as they jury will have access to the submission immediately after you submit.
4. Where can I find the campaign summary template?
You can download the summary template here. The completed template should be included with your digital entry form via the entry portal.
5. What should my entry include?
Your entry must include the following:
• completed campaign summary template
• at least ONE piece of creative executed during the ad campaign (up to THREE, not including case study videos)
• participating company names/logos in .EPS format
• individual contributor list (up to 20 names max)
Note that all entries must be submitted through our online portal. We will not accept any entries via email.
6. Is there an entry kit I can use for reference?
You can download the entry kit here. This contains all the entry details you’ll need to easily check off as you complete each section.
7. Can my piece of creative be a video case study?
No, a video case study is not considered a piece of creative. However, you can include a video case study in addition to the ads executed during the campaign to support your entry.
8. In what years did my campaign have to take place?
Your campaign must have taken place between the past two calendar years to be eligible: January 2017-December 2018.
9. Will I receive a confirmation email?
Yes, once you send in payment, for your entry(s), you should receive a confirmation email right away. If you don’t, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Is the username/password the same as my MyARF account?
IMPORTANT: For the first time, your MyARF account has been integrated into the David Ogilvy Awards entry process and event registration. When starting an entry or paying for a ticket, you will be prompted to enter your MyARF credentials (unless you are already logged in).
11. Don’t have a MyARF account?
Create one by going to the top right corner of our site and clicking on this icon . You can still create an account even if you are a non-member.
12. I just realized that the campaign I originally entered can fit into multiple categories. How do I choose which category to enter it in?
This is a common question for participants during the entry process. You have two options:
• CHOOSE ONE THAT FITS BEST.
Ultimately, it is up to you which category you think best fits your campaign – usually this is easy for industry categories but open for interpretation in the spotlight categories.
• SUBMIT IT TWICE (or more!).
Luckily it is also possible to submit the SAME CAMPAIGN into MULTIPLE INDUSTRY CATEGORIES. When you checkout, you’ll see an option to submit duplicate campaigns for an additional $300. Already paid for an entry and want to enter more? Reach out to email@example.com
13. I already entered one campaign, but another was just approved by my team to submit. How do I do this?
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to adjust your entry limit and submit additional payments.
14. I keep getting errors in the entry portal, what could be the problem?
Errors often occur if you are not using a compatible browser. Make sure you are using one of the below:
• Chrome version 22.x (November 2012 ) or higher
• Firefox version 16.x (November 2012) or higher
• Internet Explorer Version 9.x (March 2011) or higher
Errors can also occur if you are logged into multiple browsers. Make sure you are not signed into multiple windows or tabs.
15. When will I know the status of my entry?
All entrants should receive notification before the finalists are announced.
16. Who reviews my entry?
There are two ARF David Ogilvy Award juries: the Category Jury and Grand Ogilvy Jury. The Category Jury reviews the entries to determine the Gold, Silver, and Bronze distinctions. The Grand Ogilvy Jury determines which of the gold finalists best deserves the highest distinction, the Grand Ogilvy Award.
17. What is the date and location of The ARF David Ogilvy Awards?
The awards ceremony will take place on the evening of Thursday, September 26, 2019 at the reception venue 583 Park Avenue in NYC. Get Event Details.
18. Can I purchase additional trophies?
During the ceremony, your team will receive one complementary trophy. You can purchase additional trophies for $550.
19. Who from my team is eligible to accept the award?
We invite as many team members as possible who are available to accept the award! At least one representative from the campaign must attend the ceremony to accept the award. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
20. Who do I contact if I have additional questions?
You can reach out to Sara Serpe at email@example.com.
Download the Entry Kit
Download the Campaign Summary Template