frequently asked questions
1. Is there a limit on the amount of entries I can submit?
No, there is no limit on the number of campaigns you can enter, however, payment must occur prior to each entry. You are welcome to submit as many campaigns as possible within our criteria.
• ARF Member rate: $695
• Non-member rate: $895
If you are interested in entering THE SAME CAMPAIGN in another AWARD CATEGORY, the cost is $300 per additional category. To do this, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Is there a limit on the amount of campaigns my company can submit?
No, there is no limit on the number of entries from your company.
3. Can I receive a refund for my entry?
All ARF David Ogilvy Awards’ entry fees are non-refundable. Withdrawn entries (whether by the entrant or due to the entrant’s failure to comply with entry guidelines) will NOT be refunded.
4. What is the eligibility period?
Your campaign must have aired during January 2019 through March of 2021. The Q1 eligibility was established last year.
5. How do I submit an entry? Is my username/password the same as my MyARF account?
You must use or create a MyARF account to enter the ARF David Ogilvy Awards. When starting an entry, you will be prompted to enter your MyARF credentials (unless you are already logged in).
6. How do I create a MyARF account?
Create one by going to the top right corner of thearf.org and clicking on the person icon. You can create an account even if you are not a member of the ARF.
7. What should my entry include?
Your entry must include the following:
- Completed campaign summary template
- Creative image or “snapshot” to be featured on ARF marketing materials
- At least ONE creative executed during the ad campaign (you can submit up to THREE, not including case study videos)
- A completed survey including specific data about the campaign
- Participating company names/logos in .EPS format
- Individual contributor list (up to 20 names max)
Please see our 2021 entry kit for more details.
8. Where can I find the campaign summary template?
You can download the summary template here. The completed template should be included with your digital entry form via the entry portal. We suggest downloading and completing the template before entering the portal. Note: all entries must be submitted through our online portal. We will not accept any entries via email.
9. Is there an entry kit I can refer to?
You can download the entry kit here. This contains a list of details to easily check off as you complete each section.
10. Can I include a video case study?
A video case study cannot be considered solely for a complete entry; however, you can include a video case study in addition to the ads executed during the campaign to support your entry. Please note, we require at least one ad that aired (or creative element that took place) during the periods of January 2019-March 2021.
11. I just realized that the campaign I originally entered can fit into multiple categories. How do I choose which category to enter it in?
You have two options:
- CHOOSE ONE THAT FITS BEST.
Ultimately, it is up to you to determine which category you think best fits your campaign — usually this is easier to do for the industry categories but open for interpretation in the spotlight categories.
- SUBMIT IT TWICE (or more!).
Luckily, it is possible to submit the SAME CAMPAIGN into MULTIPLE CATEGORIES. When you checkout, you’ll see an option to submit duplicate campaigns for an additional $300. Already paid for an entry and want to enter more? Contact: email@example.com.
12. I already entered one campaign, but another was just approved by my team to submit. How do I do this?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to adjust your entry limit and submit additional payments.
13. I keep getting errors in the entry portal — what could be the problem?
Errors often occur if you are not using a compatible browser. Make sure you’re using the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.
Errors can also occur if you are logged into multiple browsers. Make sure you are not signed into multiple windows or tabs.
14. Can I make edits to my entry?
You can only make edits to your entry when you click SAVE & CONTINUE LATER. Your entry is not considered final (and will not be judged) until you click SAVE & SUBMIT. You cannot edit anything once you send in your final application, as the jury will have access to the submission immediately after you submit.
15. Who reviews my entry?
There are two ARF David Ogilvy Award juries: the Category Jury and Grand Ogilvy Award Jury. The Category Jury reviews the entries to determine the Gold, Silver and Bronze distinctions in each category. The Grand Ogilvy Award Jury determines which of the Gold award winners should be awarded the highest distinction, the Grand Ogilvy Award. The Grand Ogilvy Award Jury also serves as a steering committee to help set the direction for the categories and awards ceremony.
16. Can I nominate myself or a colleague to be a jury member?
Please email Sara Serpe at email@example.com to learn more about becoming a jury member.
17. When will I know the status of my entry?
All entrants will receive notification of their status before the finalists are announced in August.
18. What is the date and location of the ARF David Ogilvy Awards?
The virtual awards ceremony will take place on the evening of Thursday, October 7, 2021. Save the date on your calendar!
19. Can I purchase additional trophies?
Every ARF David Ogilvy Awards finalist receives one complimentary trophy. Additional trophies can be purchased on our website for $550 each + shipping. Please allow 8-12 weeks for delivery. There are no refunds on trophies at this time.
20. What is ARF WIDE?
In 2020, the ARF successfully pivoted to an entirely virtual line-up of events in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, including the first ever virtual ARF David Ogilvy Awards. The awards also served as a fundraiser for the ARF’s charitable foundation, ARF WIDE: Workforce Initiative for Diversity and Excellence. Learn more about this program and donate here.
21. Who do I contact if I have additional questions?
You can reach out to Sara Serpe at firstname.lastname@example.org.