In 2019, the Advertising Research Foundation received government permission to establish the ARF Charitable Foundation, a fully tax-deductible 501(c)3 subsidiary with the mission:
To develop and nurture a new and sustained generation of diverse talent to serve as valued contributors and participate fully within roles in marketing, advertising, research, and insights — today, and throughout their careers.
ARF WIDE — the Workforce Initiative for Diversity and Excellence — is a major step toward fulfilling that mission.
WIDE’s inaugural program year is made possible by the generous support of our corporate donors:
Verizon and the Nielsen Foundation were recognized among the companies and organizations contributing more than $25,000 to ARF WIDE at the 2020 ARF David Ogilvy Awards, which served as a benefit for the program.
What Does WIDE Do?
Scholarships: Awards 2-year merit-based scholarships to undergraduates at public university partners who demonstrate financial need. Encourages students to complete their undergraduate education and discover insights and analytics careers in marketing, advertising, media and research.
Mentorship: Scholars are matched with ARF Young Pros and Senior Executives who provide career-coaching and guidance.
Access: Connects promising students to the network of professionals working at over 400 ARF member companies. Scholars will gain access to ARF’s professional programs – including conferences, seminars, Learning Labs, Young Pros and Women in Analytics.
Internships: Scholars gain access to WIDE-affiliates hosting paid summer opportunities, providing students a competitive advantage in entry level job market. WIDE builds a talent pipeline for companies that strive for equity and inclusion among their ranks.
Training: Program orients Scholars to the ecosystem and provides technical skill-building Learning Labs.
Who Are WIDE Scholars?
WIDE Scholars have demonstrated a committed path to success in the face of odds. With our university partners, we have selected impressive student leaders with a spirit of resiliency, who if not for some financial support, and/or opportunities for real world experiences in marketing, advertising, media, and research — might not otherwise find gainful means to pursue their career aspirations.
|Diversity Profiles||Academic Profiles|
Why Should The Industry Support WIDE?
- Support and leverage insights from the next generation of inclusive leadership.
- The COVID-19 recession has deepened the opportunity gap, impacting the ability of driven student populations to complete degree programs, access our industries, and contribute meaningfully to our field.
- The US population continues to become more diverse and multicultural. Numerous studies show that companies with more employee diversity significantly outperform those stuck in a monoculture. Since companies need to understand their diverse consumer markets, the diversity of the research and analytics functions is especially essential for success in advertising and marketing.
ARF YOUNG PROS
ARF WIDE has opened applications for ARF Young Pros to serve as coaches to our Scholars. Act as a guide in navigating ARF offerings, share insights from your career and support the growth of their professional network. Click here to learn more about how you can support our newest ARF community. Application deadline is March 12, 2021.
How You Can Help:
Work hard to close the opportunity gap — providing direct aid and training to students, with minimal administrative overhead. Corporate donors and sponsors receive visibility amongst the global industry.
Financial contributions to the ARF Charitable Foundation:
- Are fully tax-deductible
- Can be unrestricted or directed to specific parts of the ARF WIDE program:
- Learning Labs
Other ways to support WIDE:
- Introduce us to your company’s Chief Diversity Officer and/or philanthropic arm
- Consider WIDE-referred candidates for paid internships in Summer 2021
- Become a Mentor
To get involved or learn more about WIDE, please contact us at WIDE@thearf.org.
Please note, ARF WIDE is a 501(c)3 tax exempt charitable organization. Contributions to ARF WIDE are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.