Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there a limit on the amount of entries I can submit?
No, there is no limit on the number of campaigns you can enter; however, payment must occur prior to each entry. You are welcome to submit as many campaigns as possible within our criteria. Current rates:
• ARF Member rate: $695
• Non-member rate: $895
If you are interested in entering THE SAME CAMPAIGN in another AWARD CATEGORY, the cost is $300 per additional category. To do this, contact email@example.com.
2. Is there a limit on the amount of campaigns my company can submit?
No, there is no limit on the number of entries from your company.
3. What is the deadline to enter?
The ARF has decided to extend the deadline for entries to June 12. The original deadline was May 15.
4. What if I already paid for and started my entry? Are there any changes I need to know about?
Nope! All other requirements stay the same – the only entry adjustment is the deadline. Now you have more time to work on your entry!
5. Can I receive a refund for my entry?
All ARF David Ogilvy Awards’ entry fees are non-refundable. Withdrawn entries (whether by the entrant or due to the entrant’s failure to comply with entry guidelines) will NOT be refunded.
6. What is the eligibility period?
Your campaign must have taken place during the past two calendar years to be eligible: (January 2018 – December 2019) or Q1 of 2020 (January – March 2020). The Q1 eligibility is new for 2020. The eligibility period has not changed with the new entry deadline in June.
7. How do I submit an entry? Is my username/password the same as my MyARF account?
You must use or create a MyARF account to enter the David Ogilvy Awards or to purchase a gala ticket. When starting an entry or paying for a ticket, you will be prompted to enter your MyARF credentials (unless you are already logged in).
8. Don’t have a MyARF account? How do I create an account?
Create one by going to the top right corner of our site and clicking on this icon . You can still create an account even if you are not a member of the ARF.
9. What should my entry include?
Your entry must include the following:
- Completed campaign summary template
- Creative image or “snapshot” to be featured on any marketing materials
- At least ONE creative executed during the ad campaign (you can submit up to THREE, not including case study videos)
- Participating company names/logos in .EPS format
- Individual contributor list (up to 20 names max)
10. Where can I find the campaign summary template?
You can download the summary template here. The completed template should be included with your digital entry form via the entry portal. We suggest downloading and completing the template before entering the portal. Note: all entries must be submitted through our online portal. We will not accept any entries via email.
11. Is there an entry kit I can refer to?
You can download the entry kit here. This contains a list of details to easily check off as you complete each section.
12. Can I include a video case study?
A video case study is not considered a piece of creative — however, you can include a video case study in addition to the ads executed during the campaign to support your entry.
13. I just realized that the campaign I originally entered can fit into multiple categories. How do I choose which category to enter it in?
This is a common question for participants during the entry process. You have two options:
• CHOOSE ONE THAT FITS BEST.
Ultimately, it is up to you which category you think best fits your campaign — usually this is easy for industry categories but open for interpretation in the spotlight categories.
• SUBMIT IT TWICE (or more!).
Luckily it is also possible to submit the SAME CAMPAIGN into MULTIPLE INDUSTRY CATEGORIES. When you checkout, you’ll see an option to submit duplicate campaigns for an additional $300. Already paid for an entry and want to enter more? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. I already entered one campaign, but another was just approved by my team to submit. How do I do this?
Email email@example.com or Sara Serpe at firstname.lastname@example.org to adjust your entry limit and submit additional payments.
15. I keep getting errors in the entry portal — what could be the problem?
Errors often occur if you are not using a compatible browser. Make sure you are using one of the below:
• Chrome version 22.x (November 2012) or higher
• Firefox version 16.x (November 2012) or higher
• Internet Explorer Version 9.x (March 2011) or higher
Errors can also occur if you are logged into multiple browsers. Make sure you are not signed into multiple windows or tabs.
16. Can I make edits to my entry?
You can only make edits to your entry when you click SAVE & CONTINUE LATER. Your entry is not considered final (and will not be judged) until you click SAVE & SUBMIT. You cannot edit anything once you send in your final application, as the jury will have access to the submission immediately after you submit.
17. Who reviews my entry?
There are two ARF David Ogilvy Award juries: the Category Jury and Grand Ogilvy Award Jury. The Category Jury reviews the entries to determine the Gold, Silver and Bronze distinctions. The Grand Ogilvy Award Jury determines which of the Gold finalists best deserves the highest distinction, the Grand Ogilvy Award. The Grand Ogilvy Award Jury also serves as a steering committee to help set the direction for the categories and overall awards show.
18. Can I nominate myself or a colleague to be a jury member?
Please email Sara Serpe at email@example.com to learn more about becoming a jury member.
19. When will I know the status of my entry?
All entrants should receive notification before the finalists are announced this summer.
20. What is the date and location of the ARF David Ogilvy Awards?
Due to the current health crisis, the ARF has decided to convert the 2020 awards ceremony to a virtual celebration. The date will remain the same, Thursday, October 8. You can learn more on the event page. Get Event Details.
21. What will the virtual celebration entail?
We plan to still honor our finalists and sponsors in the most impactful way possible and include more about their award-winning campaigns. More details coming soon.
22. Do finalists still receive a trophy?
Yes, we still plan to give out trophies. Once finalists are determined, we will reach out and ask for an address where a single complimentary trophy can be shipped. Though you won’t receive your actual award during an in-person reception this year, you should still be proud of your accomplishments and we hope you share a picture with the award on social. (Be sure to tag #ARFOgilvys!)
23. Can I purchase additional trophies?
In addition to your complimentary trophy, you can purchase additional trophies for $550 + shipping.
21. Who do I contact if I have additional questions?
You can reach out to Sara Serpe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access Entry Materials