Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the curriculum for this certificate program?
Taught by experienced marketing professionals, this online marketing certificate provides students with marketing case studies that focus on real-world application of marketing research and analytic methods to diagnose marketing problems, iterate solutions, and evaluate marketing effectiveness. From advertising analytics to marketing campaign strategy, all students who successfully complete this online certificate program will be prepared to provide the marketing insights needed to deliver data-driven marketing.
- Foundations of Advertising Insights and Marketing Analysis (required for the certificate)
- Achieving Consumer Centricity
- Campaign Objectives & Strategy
- Discovering and Testing the Key Consumer Insight
- Informing Creative Development
- Media Assessment & Tactical Planning
- Campaign Effectiveness Measurement
2. Which courses will be offered and when?
See the schedule below for when upcoming courses will be offered:
|Summer||June 6 – July 22||Media Assessment & Tactical Planning|
|Summer||June 6 – July 22||Campaign Effectiveness Measurement|
|Fall 2022 – 1st half||Sept 5 – Oct 21||Foundations + 4 electives|
|Fall 2022 – 2nd half||Oct 24 – Dec 16||Foundations + 6 electives|
3. Who are the Professors?
The professors for all courses are experienced marketing professionals who can lend their real-world experience and expertise to their teaching. While the professors for all courses have not been finalized, here are those who will be teaching in this certificate program:
- Joseph Panzarella, Assistant Adjunct Professor, NYU School of Professional Studies
- David Shiffman, EVP of National Research at iHeartMedia
- Rob Duboff, CEO and a founder of HawkPartners
- Mitzi Lorentzen, Founder of Lorentzen Consulting LLC
- Helen Katz, EVP, Research, at Publicis Media
- Cole Strain VP, Measurement Products at Samba TV
4. When the do the courses begin?
The 2022 summer term will begin on June 6 and end on July 22. Courses will be offered in two terms during the fall semester:
- September 5 — October 21, 2022
- October 24 — December 16, 2022
5. What is the required time commitment?
Students should expect to commit 4-5 hours per week for each course. This includes one hour of synchronous (live) and one hour of asynchronous class time, and 2-3 hours of readings and assignments per week. Each course will take seven weeks to complete.
6. When will the synchronous (live) sessions take place for each course?
The timing of the synchronous (live) sessions for each course varies, but will likely be between 6:00-9:00pm EST on Mondays – Thursdays. The intention is to schedule the timing of these courses to ensure that they do not overlap with each other.
7. Is taking the Foundations course a requirement before enrolling in any of the electives?
Yes. Any student taking the Foundations course (all students intending to complete the certificate) must do so before enrolling in any electives. After that (and for students not intending to complete the certificate), they can take multiple courses at the same time.
8. How long will it take to complete the certification program?
It depends on how many elective courses a student is willing to take at once. In general, students who take one course per term should be able to complete the certificate in less than one year. For example, a student could take the Foundations course in the first term of the Fall semester, then take one elective in each of the following terms (second half of Fall semester, first half of the following Spring semester, and second half of the same Spring semester).
9. What are the benefits of completing the certificate program vs. taking individual courses?
Students who complete the certificate program will be able to access the following benefits:
- Alumni Gatherings at ARF Events – access to ARF specific events, giving them the opportunity to connect with each other.
- Course Certificate and Letter from the ARF CEO – presented with a certificate of completion from the ARF CEO.
- Alumni Directory Listing – ability to network with other alumni and access an exclusive job board with postings from ARF members.
- Digital Badge of Completion – receive digital “badge” certificate to post on Linkedin, resume, and work presentations.
- Access to the ARF Knowledge Center – gain access to ARF knowledge through the self-service tools in the Knowledge Center while in classes and for one year following graduation.
- Attend ARF Member events – attend ARF member events while in classes and for one year following graduation.
- ARF Young Pros – join the ARF Young Pros (if age appropriate) and attend special sessions which will include post-event speaker talk backs.
10. How will my company benefit from an employee completing this course?
All students who successfully complete this program will be able to provide professional research support for marketing and advertising campaigns by utilizing best practice methodologies by experienced practitioners rooted in academic rigor. Students will learn how to use qualitative and quantitative analysis and insights to support the creation and development of marketing and advertising. Students will also be able to develop the core knowledge and critical skills required to plan and execute research designed to assess the effectiveness and impact of marketing and advertising.
11. Who do I contact for more information or to register?
Contact the ARF Membership team at firstname.lastname@example.org.