Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the curriculum for this certificate program?
Taught by experienced marketing professionals, this online marketing certificate provides students with marketing case studies that focus on real-world application of marketing research and analytic methods to diagnose marketing problems, iterate solutions, and evaluate marketing effectiveness. From advertising analytics to marketing campaign strategy, all students who successfully complete this online certificate program will be prepared to provide the marketing insights needed to deliver data driven marketing.
The courses offered include:
- Foundations of Advertising Insights and Marketing Analysis (required for the certificate)
- Achieving Consumer Centricity
- Campaign Objectives & Strategy
- Discovering and Testing the Key Consumer Insight
- Informing Creative Development
- Media Assessment & Tactical Planning
- Campaign Effectiveness Measurement
2. Who are the Professors?
The professors for all courses are experienced marketing professionals who are able to lend their real-world experience and expertise to their teaching. While the professors for all courses have not been finalized, here are those who will be teaching in this certificate program:
- Michael Lieberman, Founder and President of Multivariate Solutions
- David Shiffman, EVP of National Research at iHeartMedia
- Rob Duboff, CEO and a founder of HawkPartners
- Mitzi Lorentzen, Founder of Lorentzen Consulting LLC
- Helen Katz, EVP, Research, at Publicis Media
3. When the do the courses begin?
In the spring semester of the 2021-22 academic year. The Foundations course will start on January 31, 2022 and end on March 18, 2022. Several electives will then be offered from March 21 – May 6, 2022.
4. What is the required time commitment?
Each course is seven weeks long and will require a 4-5 hour per week commitment. This includes one hour of synchronous and one hour of asynchronous class time, and 2-3 hours of readings and assignments per week.
5. How long will it take to complete the certification program? Can you do it in an accelerated way?
Students who wish to earn the certificate must complete the Foundations course and three elective courses within a maximum of three years. Courses are seven weeks long and are offered twice in the fall semester (first and second half of each semester), twice in the spring semester, and once during the summer semester. Students can take multiple elective courses at once if they wish to complete the certificate program more quickly.
6. What are the benefits of completing the certificate program vs. taking individual courses?
Students who complete the certificate program will be able to access the following benefits:
7. How will my company benefit from an employee completing this course?
All students who successfully complete this program will be able to provide professional research support for marketing and advertising campaigns by utilizing best practice methodologies by experienced practitioners rooted in academic rigor. Students will learn how to use qualitative and quantitative analysis and insights to support the creation and development of marketing and advertising. Students will also be able to develop the core knowledge and critical skills required to plan and execute research designed to assess the effectiveness and impact of marketing and advertising.
8. Who do I contact for more information or to register?
Contact the ARF Membership team at email@example.com.