Young Pros Spotlight
What is your role / current company?: Research Manager at Samba TV
When did you join the ARF Young Pros? 2017
- What is your proudest professional accomplishment?
Presenting insights at a conference within 4 months of starting my first job in research.
- What is your biggest professional challenge?
Pivoting from a career in traditional sales research for book publishing to ad tech research.
- How has being an ARF YP member impacted your career?
For me, being a part of ARF YP is an exercise in anthropology. The sessions help to round out a picture of the research ecosystem so that I can better understand what’s happening in the industry beyond my current role. I learned of my current company Samba at an ARF event, and was well-informed going into my interviews because of information garnered from ARF sessions and members. I wouldn’t have been able to make this jump into ad tech without the ARF.
- What’s your favorite event that you’ve been to?
The ARF YP Mentoring Lofts for sure! I love the intimate and candid conversations that happen within those walls. The mentoring lofts provide a unique opportunity to openly discuss challenges with successful research professionals from top companies at all levels. I treasure the guidance and support I’ve received from mentors during and following those events.
- When researching a topic you know nothing about, how do you get started?
Read up online/listen to podcasts, and see if I can find experts within my network to learn from.
- What’s an example of a company/brand that you think is doing a great job?
Nordstrom! For me, it comes down to (1) a seamless online shopping experience, (2) curation/brand selection, and (3) customer service/returns policy.
- What is your favorite restaurant in your city?
Lilia in Williamsburg
- What is your favorite show/program?
Scrubs is the GOAT, but recently I can’t get enough true crime – current favorite is The Act on Hulu.
- What’s your dream job? (If money was no object, what would you do?)
THE ARF YOUNG PROS WANTS TO KNOW ABOUT YOU!
Share a bit about yourself and your work for a chance to be featured as a Spotlight Young Pro!
YP Spotlight Form – Fill out this form to be considered for a Young Pros Spotlight feature.