Frequently Asked Questions
ARF’s 2024 annual AUDIENCExSCIENCE conference will highlight critical audience measurement questions, analyses and solutions. Send in your latest research for consideration today on one or more of the below themes. Selected research will be chosen to present through committee review. Applications are due October 24.
About Call for Content
1. Is there a limit to the amount of submissions I can enter?
No, there is no limit to the number of submissions you can enter.
2. Is there a limit to the amount of submissions my company can enter?
No, there is no limit on the number of submissions from your company.
3. Is there a fee to enter my research?
At this time, there is no fee to enter the ARF AUDIENCExSCIENCE Call for Content.
4. Where can I find submission guidelines?
Access submission guidelines, best practices and tips here.
5. Where can I find the Call for Content form?
You can find it here. Complete the form and upload it to this portal*.
6. I completed the Call for Content form – now what?
Go here to the Call for Content submission portal*.
*The ARF can only accept entries submitted through this portal. No entries sent via email will be considered.
7. Is the Call for Content portal/username/password the same as MyARF account?
Your MyARF account is integrated into the Call for Content submission process. When starting a submission, you will be prompted to enter your MyARF credentials (unless you are already logged in).
8. I don’t have a MyARF account – what should I do?
Create one by going to the top right corner of our site and clicking on the person icon. You do NOT have to be an ARF member to create a MyARF account.
9. Already started your submission and want to return to the portal?
Go back to your submission(s) here.
10. Can I make edits to my submission within the portal?
You can only make edits to your submission when you SAVE & CONTINUE LATER. Your submission is not considered final (and will not be reviewed) until you SAVE & SUBMIT. You cannot edit anything once you SAVE & SUBMIT, as the ARF Board of Curators will have access to the research immediately after you submit.
11. Can I enter a full paper/presentation to be reviewed?
Full research papers or presentations will not be considered. We only accept the required Call for Content form on our template through the entry portal.
12. Will I receive a confirmation email?
You will receive a confirmation email when you start a submission in the portal.
13. I keep getting errors when trying to submit in the portal, what could be the problem?
Errors often occur if you are not using a compatible browser — be sure that the browser you are using is up to date. Errors can also occur if you are logged into multiple browsers. Make sure you are not signed in with multiple windows or tabs.
14. I want to add more submissions but don’t see how to do this.
When you first sign up to access the entry portal, you must include the number of entries you plan to enter. If you only choose one at the time of sign up, you must go back and adjust this number. You can do this here.
15. Is there a maximum number of presenters I can include?
For a typical presentation, one to two presenters are preferred, and client presenters are highly encouraged by the ARF Board of Curators. If you are proposing a panel, workshop, or other alternative session, we suggest no more than four to five presenters.
16. What if my research is incomplete but I still want to propose the study?
We will consider research proposals with pending results. However, you must provide as much detail and information as possible within the results section of the form, so the curators can review accordingly. Submissions without any results will not be considered. Be as thorough as possible.
17. How is my submission scored?
The ARF Board of Curators thoroughly reviews your submission(s) and provides an overall score based on the following criteria:
- Is the content NEW? Does it advance or build on existing knowledge? Have you seen this work or similar work elsewhere?
- Does this work move our field forward?
- Is the methodology CLEARLY stated?
- Does the content have practical APPLICATION? Are there real business results?
- Does the content have IMPACT? Is there proof and strength of evidence? Is there a clear demonstration of the claims?
- Does this content truly advance our knowledge of the subject?
- Is there a client co-presenter? (not required, but highly recommended).
- Blatant sales pitches will not be considered and will be eliminated in the first round of review.
- All submissions must include a completed Call for Content form on the required template.
18. When will I know the status of my submission?
You should receive notification on the status of your submission(s) no later than January 2024.
19. What happens after I get selected?
The ARF will reach out with a comprehensive list of deadlines and deliverables. Stay tuned!
20. Whom do I contact if I have any questions?
You can reach out to Sara Serpe, Senior Events Manager, at email@example.com.
Membership questions click here
Sponsorship questions click here