frequently asked questions
1. Is there a limit on the amount of entries I can submit?
No, there is no limit on the number of campaigns you can enter, however, payment must be processed prior to each entry. You are welcome to submit as many campaigns as possible within our criteria.
• ARF Member rate: $745
• Non-member rate: $945
If you are interested in entering the SAME CAMPAIGN in ONE additional category, the cost is $500 per addition. A campaign can only be entered for consideration in a maximum of two categories. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. The entry deadline has been extended to June 3.
2. Is there a limit on the amount of campaigns my company can submit?
No, there is no limit on the number of entries from your company. However, you can only enter the same campaign in up to two categories. This is new for 2022.
3. Can I receive a refund for my entry?
All ARF David Ogilvy Award entry fees are non-refundable. Withdrawn entries, done by the entrant or due to the entrant’s failure to comply with award guidelines, will NOT be refunded.
4. What is the eligibility period?
Your campaign must have aired from January 2020 through March of 2022.
5. How do I submit an entry? Is my username/password the same as my MyARF account?
You must use or create a MyARF account to enter the ARF David Ogilvy Awards. When starting an entry, you will be prompted to enter your MyARF credentials (unless you are already logged in).
6. How do I create a MyARF account?
Create one by going to the top right corner of thearf.org and clicking on the person icon. You can create an account even if you are not an employee of an ARF member company.
7. What should my entry include?
Your entry must include the following:
- Written explanation
- Data survey
- One-three ads or creative elements during campaign
- Creative frame/image
- Company logos (.eps format)
- Affiliated companies
- Team credits
- Points of contact
- Signed application agreement – terms and conditions
Please see our 2022 entry kit for more details.
8. Where can I find the written explanation template?
You can download the written explanation template here. The completed template should be included in your digital application submitted through the entry portal. We suggest downloading and completing the template before accessing the portal. Note: all entries must be submitted through the online portal—we will not accept any entries via email.
9. Is there an entry kit I can refer to?
You can download the entry kit here. This contains details to assist you in completing your application.
10. Can I include a video case study?
Yes, though it is completely optional. Please note, a video case study is not considered the “creative element” that is required as part of your application. At least one ad that aired during the campaign must be included to support your entry. The eligibility period is January 2020-March 2022.
11. I just realized that the campaign I originally entered can fit into multiple categories. How do I choose which category to enter it in?
You have two options:
- CHOOSE ONE THAT FITS BEST.
Ultimately, it is up to you to determine which category you think best fits your campaign — usually this is easier to do for the industry categories but open for interpretation in the spotlight categories.
- SUBMIT IT TWICE.
Luckily, it is possible to submit the SAME CAMPAIGN into ONE additional category. When you checkout, you’ll see an option to submit duplicate campaigns for an additional $500. Already paid for a single entry and want to enter more? Contact: email@example.com.
12. I already entered one campaign, but another was just approved by my team to submit. How do I do this?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to adjust your entry limit and submit additional payments.
13. I keep getting errors in the entry portal — what could be the problem?
Errors often occur if you are not using a compatible browser. Make sure you’re using the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.
Errors can also occur if you are logged into multiple browsers. Make sure you are not signed into multiple windows or tabs.
14. Can I make edits to my entry?
You can only make edits to your entry when you click SAVE & CONTINUE LATER. Your entry is not considered final, and will not be submitted for judging, until you click SAVE & SUBMIT. You cannot edit anything once you send in your final application, as the jury will have access to the submission immediately after you submit.
15. Who reviews my entry?
There are two ARF David Ogilvy Award juries: the Category Jury and Grand Ogilvy Award Jury. The Category Jury reviews the entries to determine the Gold, Silver and Bronze distinctions in each category. The Grand Ogilvy Award Jury determines which of the Gold award winners should be awarded the highest distinction, the Grand Ogilvy Award. The Grand Ogilvy Award Jury also serves as a steering committee to help set the direction for the categories and awards ceremony.
16. Can I nominate myself or a colleague to be a jury member?
Please email email@example.com to learn more about becoming a jury member.
17. When will I know the status of my entry?
All entrants will receive notification of their status before the finalists are announced in August/September.
18. What is the date and location of the ARF David Ogilvy Awards?
The awards reception is scheduled to take place that Edison Ballroom on October 13, 2022 from 4:30-7pm ET. The ARF is excited to host a cocktail party celebrating this year’s winners! A creative effectiveness event will precede the awards. We encourage all winners to attend this first-ever offering by the ARF, open to members and non-members. Learn more and buy your tickets here.
19. Can I purchase additional trophies?
Every ARF David Ogilvy Awards finalist receives one complimentary trophy. Additional statues can be purchased for $550 each + shipping. Please allow 8-12 weeks for delivery. All trophy purchases are final. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase.
20. Who do I contact if I have additional questions?
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.