The second installment of the ARF Cultural Effectiveness Council’s webcast series on Building Brand Loyalty with Today’s 21st Century Audience focused on an approach identified by the Council for building relationships with the emerging 21st Century audience – leveraging the Power of Language.
- One quarter of the US population is bilingual, and the largest DMAs over-index on speaking another language at home.
- The number of people speaking multiple languages is going to continue to grow.
- Marketers should use language and culture to establish an emotional connection with consumers.
- Emojis are now a global language, with 4 billion people using emojis to communicate.
- The younger age groups prefer to use emojis over words when communicating via text messaging.
- Some brands are beginning to leverage communications with consumers using emojis.
Kristin Tolbert – Senior Planner, BBDO
Frances Rubio – Assoc. Director Multicultural Marketing Analytics, GroupM
Diana Rasbot – Director, Univision