Business Development Manager
The Advertising Research Foundation (ARF) is is looking for a full-time Business Development Manager to be responsible for driving ARF growth via new member acquisitions. This is a key role on the Membership team and reports directly to the Chief Growth Officer.
The ideal candidate is someone with an understanding of the advertising ecosystem and has 4-7 years of related experience. Someone who is a strategic problem solver, can build strong relationships, is tenacious, hardworking, and knows how to achieve goals.
In this role, you will work closely with internal departments in creating opportunities and engagement for potential prospects. Emphasizing the importance of thought leadership in driving the market research industry forward and helping member’s advance their business objectives and challenges. This is a unique opportunity to work with world class brands and build relationships with the best and brightest thought leaders in the industry.
- Meet or exceed new member sales targets.
- Review and qualify marketing-generated (inbound) leads.
- Drive the development of strategically targeted lists of qualified prospects (key players) for conferences/regional events
- Design and execute highly effective and engaging & personalized (outbound) email campaigns.
- Research and build new accounts, get insights on leads, add contacts in CRM, send strategic emails, set appointments, utilize other ARF resources to help drive prospects to closure
- Use the CRM for lead management and sales pipeline forecasting.
- Day-to-day management of new member prospect accounts and effectively updating sales pipelines as needed.
- Maintain accurate records of all contracts and activity reports.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Update the prospecting process, to ensure effective sales follow-up (With team’s input and help)
- Support and help to drive the company’s marketing effort by assisting in social media presence + email campaigns.
- Stay on top of Industry trends, and new sales hacking tools & workshops.
- Develop highly effective business development materials and communications.
- A Bachelor’s degree and a passion for advertising, media, research, business and customer engagement.
- 4 to 7 years of relevant experience working within the business development, marketing, or account planning department at a B2B organization.
- Proven track record in driving new business to closure in a business development role.
- Proven track record of building and leveraging good working relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish strong relationships with all levels of an organization.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills as well as listening and presentation skills.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong systems aptitude – experience utilizing a CRM and experience with iMIS a plus
- Extraordinary organizational, attention to detail and time/project management skills – able to handle multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment
- A team player and enjoys a fast-paced work environment
- Motivated, proactive, and solutions driven
- Working knowledge of the greater advertising ecosystem, including the role that Advertisers, Marketing Researchers, Agencies, and Media Companies play
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit your resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to email@example.com with “Business Development Manager” in the Subject line for consideration.
The Advertising Research Foundation (ARF) is an open forum where the best and the brightest from every avenue of advertising can gather to exchange ideas and research strategies. Our membership includes advertisers, advertising agencies, media companies, market researchers, and academics.
Founded in 1936 by the Association of National Advertisers and the American Association of Advertising Agencies, the ARF leads key industry learning initiatives that increase the contribution of research to better marketing, more effective advertising and profitable organic growth.
Our mission is to further, through research, the scientific practice of Advertising and Marketing.
Job Type: Full-time
- Pay: commensurate with experience