Webcast: OTT – How Consumers’ Habits and Attitudes are Shaping its Future
The numbers reinforce how much the appeal of OTT — the choice of content, platform and schedule — is affecting how consumers view video:
- The percent of viewers who stream content rose from 42 to 70 percent from 2013 to 2017 (State of Pay TV, OTT & SVOD 2017),
- Revenue is close behind, with projections for 2018 at $22.6 billion (PwC).
This rapid pace of change can be hard to follow, but the marketing and entertainment industries must stay on top of the trends or risk falling behind.
To that end, this webinar showcased the latest facts and figures on the OTT and overall video landscapes, looking at consumers’ mindsets and behavior, including:
- Viewing patterns
- Device ownership
- SVOD subscriptions
- Cord cutting
- Live streaming
The presentation delved into the drivers and implications of change, offering takeaways such as:
- The role of younger generations in spurring momentum for streaming services
- The impact of VOD churn on consumer acquisition and retention
- An alternative business model for streaming
- The number of SVOD services that consumers are willing to pay for