You’ve heard it before. Patients are taking a bigger role in managing their health. But how can you engage an audience that is less compelled by the reasoned arguments that used to move the needle? The latest findings in behavioral science are uncovering complex motivations that drive consumer healthcare decision-making – and that marketers can mine to make stronger patient connections.
Companies such as Ogilvy Consulting, Kantar Health, and SidekickHealth shared actionable strategies to drive lasting behavior change for this newly empowered audience at the ARF’s recent HEALTHxSCIENCE event focusing on three key areas:
- Why do consumers/patients behave the way they do?
- What technology and incentives motivate change in health behavior?
- How can marketers communicate to affect consumer/patient behavior?
The presentations covered a range of topics, including:
- Leveraging behavioral science to drive better patient outcomes
- Navigating the digital disruption changing consumer and healthcare practitioner behavior
- Applying behavioral economics to tackle chronic diseases