The following article is from the latest issue of the Journal of Advertising Research (JAR).
“The fundamentals that make economies of scale work are deteriorating before our eyes. Abundant computing power, the free flow of information on the Internet, and the ability to harness data—forces breaking down conventional beliefs—make for a virtual socioeconomic tsunami that is tearing apart the way business runs and how competitive advantage is won and lost.
An ecosystem of information, communication, and methods driven by constantly evolving technology is upending 200 years of truisms. This observation implies the need for a new business model with four basic tenets:
- Network effects trump size.
- Fixed costs and asset scale are obesity to progress
- Technological advancement comes from the outside, not the inside.
- The ability to target and market to specific people heightens the opportunity to reach a brand’s relevant audience.”
To access JAR articles, please follow these 3 steps:
- Login to your myARF
- Click on “Journal of Advertising Research” on the left hand side menu
- Locate the article in the search field on the page