The Digital Linear War is Over: Convergence is Here – moderator, Marc Rappin, VP Strategic Partnership, Currnt
Beth Rockwood, SVP, Ad Sales Research, Turner
- Fragmentation is continuing, partly driven by different devices. Endpoints are multiplying faster than we can measure them. We are losing 30 minutes a day migrating from linear TV to other devices.
- People always seek the biggest screen for better viewing experience.
- Existing measurement is imperfect, so the best we can do is offer new solutions, as there are no industry standards.
- Turner Unified Plan is to combine linear+non-linear with a single impression guarantee.
- Want to move to audience behavior-based approach vs just demos.
- Measure outcomes, not
- There are many attribution companies and a lot of marketplace competition. Every time we have measured it showed a positive result. We have to keep saying and assuring that advertising works and that growth is our objective.
- Mobile may be more important with point of purchase goals, but the big screen and co-viewing can reinforce a brand.
Brita Cleveland, SVP, Research Solutions, Meredith
- There is no single R/F measure across platforms.
- We need to spend more time on what the KPI is and what the strategy should be.
- We talk more about “did it work” rather than “did it deliver”.
- Walled gardens are more critical as ad budgets are there.
- Time spent is not the only measure, engagement matters too.
- We want to know more about using multiple devices simultaneously.
Audience-Based Selling & Planning Strategy: Putting the fragmented pieces together – moderator, Sue Hogan, SVP, Research & Measurement, IAB
Matt Prohaska, CEO & Principal, Prohaska Consulting
- Efficiency comes from the ability to eliminate waste. There is still interest in quality. And there are still relationships, not only machine driven.
- Get control of your tech, targets, and
- Start pushing DCO (Dynamic Creative Optimization) to expand TV so that the right ad is delivered to the right person (as in digital today).
- Context + audience = Big Win. But many digital experts have never bought on context or talked to a seller. Need to bring this together.
Jonathan Boker, Principal, Connected Consultants
- Be on all devices.
- Scale = access to the largest number of impressions.
- Transparent pricing – lots of bundled ad network pricing is not what you want.
- It is hard to do this in TV, but available in connected/addressable.
This event was sponsored by the ARF.
Source: Cynopsis Measurement and Data Boot Camp (2018, November 7).