Mihkel Jäätma (Realeyes)
Will the adoption of 6-second ads result in effective advertising? Realeyes measures how people react to advertising via webcams with facial coding technology as they watch video content online in their homes.
- Shorter videos deliver more per second, but a longer duration enables marketers to tell a more powerful emotional story. Still, the shorter videos deliver nearly 10 times the impact per second.
- In a Snapchat study, 30 ads of 10-seconds or shorter were shown to be effective for the teenage and 20-45 year bracket. Older consumers seem to prefer longer formats.
- There are no differences on ability to get attention early.
- Short ads need a different creative approach.
- Rule #1: No clutter in the ad, keep it simple. Achieving a high emotion peak in 6-second videos needs extra thought and creativity.