Please join Young Pros on Tuesday, August 13th, at 5:30-8:30pm at FCB Chicago – 456 North Morgan Street, Chicago, Illinois.Agenda:
– Young Pros arrive; drinks, snacks, networking
– Why Crazy Makes Sense in Marketing
The science of advertising is about understanding how to persuade consumers – and it turns out – the most effective way does not involve appealing to our rational side, but instead our irrational side. This presentation will review how insights from behavioral economics are leveraged to drive great creative.
(John Kenny – Chief Strategy Officer, FCB Chicago
– John is an unlikely marketer, a recovering academic, he earned a PhD in Social Sciences from the University of Chicago. Once making the leap into the agency world, John was shocked to see that agency market research hadn’t significantly evolved since the 1970s. Thus, John made it his mission to propel the industry forward by applying the latest advances in research methodologies to agency and client processes. Since joining FCB Chicago, John transformed its then traditional planning department into a now 100-person team of data analytics, CX/UX-ers, brand, retail and digital media planners – creating one of the largest strategy departments in North America. John also overhauled FCB Chicago’s planning process by pioneering the use of behavioral economics, experimental design and superforecasting in brand building for clients such as Michelob ULTRA, Clorox, Kimberly-Clark and GE Appliances. )
– How to Optimize and Measure Creative in Digital Advertising
As the ad industry shifts to a mobile first environment, brands need to be more agile in how they are developing creative. Videos that were once built for the big screen must now be optimized for a sound-off mobile environment. Intrusive display ads that were once the norm are now being replaced with innovative ads that are respectful of the user experience. Teads is pioneering the way on how to best optimize creative for this new era and are leading the way in terms of measurement and creative best practices.
(Deena Fierstein – Creative Account Strategist, Teads
– Deena is a highly motivated individual recognized for strong work and dedication in the digital media environment. Deena worked in the agency side of the media world for over 8 years and has had the pleasure of working on amazing brands like Coca Cola, Walmart, Quaker and Gatorade. Throughout her journey in media, Deena decided to take a passionate right turn and move to creative strategy with Teads. Since then, Deena has been working with brands to build smart dynamic creative strategies and executions for clients that to help tell their brand story.)
– Reception; more drinks, snacks, networking