- Use of emojis can work effectively across all devices (desktop/laptop, tablets as well as mobile).
- Survey satisfaction was higher with the use of emojis, especially among women, younger groups.
- Emojis are viable if used with care.
- Choose wisely-not all facial emoji’s are understood equally.
- Take a mobile optimized, response enhanced approach to survey design (M.O.R.E.)
- However, emojis are more appropriate for some categories (not health, legal issues).
Finally, the presentation notes the ARF will continue to explore this topic.