The ARF held an event on Multicultural in Advertising in Los Angeles on January 18, 2017 at Nestle’s offices. Here are some key insights and takeaways from some of the speakers:
- We collect inputs at the DMA level, which allows for modeling of multicultural efforts and comparison of performance. Overall, the Hispanic efforts have done as well as general market efforts. – Robert Reyes, Nestle
- A Total Market Approach should start with an agnostic assessment of total market from a business opportunity standpoint, mine the data through different lenses, then determine who to hone in on. Ana Crandell, OMD Latino
- 57 million Hispanics in USA and growing; 85% of that population are online. Thus, the importance of in-language content. Mia Phillips, Toyota
- Multicultural shoppers consume mobile content at a higher rate than the general population, so mobile-friendly content is key. Fernanda Alcantara, Facebook
- Hispanics have always been on the leading edge of adopting new platforms and technologies. Adriana Waterston, Horowitz
- Diversity in the workforce is needed; all marketing staff should to be well-informed on multicultural marketing. Gilbert Davita, Davita Multicultural Insights
You can access the slides and videos from this event, by clicking here and using your myARF login and password.