Alan Hart, Creator & Host, Marketing Today with Alan Hart published a podcast with the ARF’s EVP Research & Innovation Horst Stipp. Hart says: Dr. Stipp’s decades of experience have helped him glean many insights from today’s fragmented media landscape, not the least of which is particularly pertinent in the way consumers today enjoy entertainment programming.
Prior to joining the ARF in 2011, Stipp enjoyed a 40-year career in consumer research for NBC, where his insatiable curiosity led him to do everything from finding ways to optimize the Smurfs to helping the network understand the broad appeal of the Olympics.
Stipp says, “On the one hand, [fragmentation] makes it harder to reach a mass audience. But on the other hand, it also makes it easier to target specific audiences because now there are programs directed at smaller segments of the audience.”
Highlights from this week’s “Marketing Today” podcast include:
- Stipp discusses his 40-plus years at NBC. (1:45)
- Stipp explains the ABC’s of the ARF. (3:30)
- Stipp’s take on the ever-evolving media landscape. (5:22)
- The art and science of media measurement. (11:21)
- “Narrow targeting on the cheap won’t grow your brand.” (15:54)
- Neuroscience in the marketing world. (21:30)
Listen to Marketing Today with Alan Hart Episode 67 at CMO.com.