The automotive industry is much more than just about driving a vehicle, it is an extension of your home, office, and life. With autonomous driving, shared services, electric vehicles, and artificial intelligence (AI), there is information on the latest trends and strategies to market auto brands to buyers.
Topics from the event varied. Below are a few examples:
- Examining the science behind path-to-purchase (from website activity to auto sales).
- Obtaining the latest insights on how location-based analytics can solve marketers’ attribution issues.
- Finding new ways to target brands to buyers through enhanced ads via OTT.
- Discovering how data is being measured to help marketers’ increase awareness and sales for CASE (connected, autonomous, shared, and electric vehicles).
- How using data drives business for NASCAR and their partners.
And here are a few key takeaways from the event:
- The auto industry is changing – new and innovative ways of advertising are essential in order to stand out in the crowded market.
- Connecting with your customers goes beyond the traditional measures of the past – today they expect more and want their needs met faster – this is especially true in the auto industry.
- The path-to-purchase is changing with millennials entering the process at different stages than older generations.
- Analytical tools are required to survive in this competitive market – real-time measurement helps to identify and improve marketing efforts.
- Successful brands are those that are innovating, using research, data, and trend analyses to chart their futures.
Event content is available at https://thearf.org/arf-events/automotivexscience-2018-presentations-key-takeaways/