Analytics company iSpot.tv analyzed how the biggest ads did on game day, based on “digital share of voice,” which means the total number of times ads were liked, shared, watched and commented on via the big social platforms. Here are the top 10:
- Lucasfilm — Solo: A ‘Star Wars’ Story
This 45 second ad was watched more than 3 million times online on game day and had the highest digital share of voice at 8.84 percent.
- Marvel — ‘Avengers: Infinity War’
Its share of voice online was 8.55 percent
- PepsiCo — Doritos Blaze vs Mountain Dew Ice: Battle
The company pitted two of its biggest brands against each other in this 60-second spot. It was watched online more than 3.5 million times and got a digital share of voice of 8.42 percent.
- Amazon Echo — Alexa Loses her Voice
This 90-second ad also stars Amazon boss Jeff Bezos himself. The ad had a 7.92 share of voice online.
- Universal Pictures — ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’
Had a 6.85 percent share of voice online.
- Paramount Pictures — ‘Mission: Impossible – Fallout’
- NFL — Touchdown Celebrations
- Pepsi — This is the Pepsi
- Amazon Prime Instant Video — Tom Clancy’s ‘Jack Ryan’
- Tide — It’s a Tide Ad
Handley, L. (2018, February 5). These Are the Commercials That Won the Super Bowl In 2018 – And Here’s How Much They Cost. CNBC.