What’s stopping consumers from buying online?
While 95% of consumers do shop online, 65% of the average shopping budget is spent in-store.
We dove into consumer behavior research by surveying shoppers on what impacts the consumer buying process. Why do shoppers make purchases online?
- 58% of customers are deterred by shipping cost
- 49% of shoppers don’t buy online because they can’t touch and inspect a product
- 34% of online shoppers can’t wait out the delivery times — no matter how fast they are!
- 34% of respondents cited a difficult return process for their purchased goods
- 29% of shoppers prefer to buy at brick-and-mortar locations due to privacy concerns
Tracey Wallace. How Modern Consumer Behavior Has Changed in the New Omni-Channel World. BigCommerce.
To read the complete article click to visit BigCommerce.