Three key takeaways:
- Mobile Apps are the primary driver of digital media consumption but activity is concentrated
- More signs of having reached ‘peak app’ as interest in new apps begins to wane
- Millennials prove to be the most engaged, sophisticated and addicted users of apps
A sampling of other notable findings:
- Across age segments, smartphone users’ #1 app accounts for half of all time spent on apps … and the top 10 account for almost the entirety
- 55+ year-olds are 5x as likely as 18-34 year-olds to only operate their smartphone with two hands
- While there are variations by age group, YouTube, Google Search, Facebook & FB Messenger rank high across cohorts.
The top apps vary by age group, with YouTube and Snapchat ranking higher on the list among younger Millennials.
Andrew Lipsman and Adam Lella. The 2017 U.S. Mobile App Report. comScore.
To read the complete article, click to visit comScore.