Only the ARF has a collection of research and resources that is unmatched in the industry. Find out why your company should become an ARF member. Learn more!
American Legacy Foundation
Who We Are:
Legacy is dedicated to building a world where young people reject tobacco and anyone can quit. The Foundation develops programs that address the health effects of tobacco use. We want to help all young people reject tobacco, and give everyone access to tobacco prevention and cessation services.
• We focus on vulnerable populations – youth, low-income Americans, the less educated, and racial, ethnic and cultural minorities.
• We work through grants, technical assistance and training, partnerships, youth activism, and counter-marketing and grassroots marketing campaigns.
With 1,200 Americans a day dying from tobacco-related diseases, Legacy is committed to its lifesaving work. Programs include:
• truth® - A national youth smoking prevention campaign that has been cited as contributing to significant declines in youth smoking.
• EX® - An innovative public health program designed to speak to smokers in their own language and change the way they approach quitting.
• Research Initiatives - Exploring the causes, consequences and approaches to reducing tobacco use.
• Outreach – Tobacco prevention and cessation in priority populations.
An Independent Force for Change
The national, independent public health Foundation was created in 1999 out of the landmark Master Settlement Agreement (MSA) between the tobacco industry, 46 state governments and five U.S. territories. It is located in Washington, D.C. and is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
1724 Massachusetts Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20036